Working Part-time in UAE is legal

Due to Low salary and some financial issues many of us want to earn some extra cash, we are going to write few lines regarding “How to work part time in UAE legally”?
There is often a misconception that nobody can work part time in UAE and you might be flouting law while doing so.

Let us clear that the (MOHRE) Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation allows you to go for a part-time job by obtaining a part time work permit.

What is part time work permit?
Part time or Temporary work permit is a permit under which UAE Expats can work anywhere in UAE after completing their duties with existing employers.

Who can apply for a part time work permit?
A temporary work permit and a part-time work permit shall be issued to the following categories:
1: Employees (workers) who registered at the Ministry or who hold valid Identity cards such as Labour Card or Emirates ID.
2: People who meets the conditions to be granted work permits based on the residency of their families.
3: Students over 18 years of age.
4: Government employees.
5: The permits may not be issued to a non-national (foreign) employee who is over 65 years of age.

Who cannot work Part-time in UAE?

A person on visit or tourist visa cannot work part-time legally as he or she would not have a legal sponsor (husband/father/employer) in the country. Also, any resident over the age of 65 years cannot get the part time permit.

What is the Validity of part time work permit?
The part-time or temporary work permit is valid for 1 year and must be renewed after the completion.

What are the Require Documents?
1: Valid passport Copy
2: Valid Visa Copy
3: 1 passport size photograph with white background
4: NOC (No Objection Certificate) from your existing full-time employer.
5: Copy of your Emirates ID, Labour Card or Ministry Contract.
6: Labour Establishment card for both companies. (If applicable)
7: Passport copy of sponsor (only if you are sponsored by your Husband or Father).

How to apply for a part time permit?
Procedure of part time work permit is very simple, once you have arranged all the require documents, visit nearest Authorized TASHEEL center to submit them.

Do we need to Pay Fee?
Yes, the part-time company has to submit above mention documents and pay the following fee:

1: Application fees of 100 AED.
2: Part time Card Fee that worth 500 AED (This card will be valid for 1 Year).

Is NOC required from my Current Employer?
Yes, one of the most important document for obtaining your part-time work permit is a No Objection Certificate from your current or existing employer.
As per Law “Approval from the entity where the applicant works in case of part-time or temporary work, if he works at another establishment”.
Cases where the approval is not needed:
The Ministry may approve issuing the worker a temporary work permit without the need for the consent of the establishment where the employee works and without the necessary validity of his residency and labour card in the event that the employee (worker) has an ongoing labour complaint referred by the Ministry to the court.
The Ministry, at its discretion, may issue the employee a part-time or temporary work permit for more than one establishment.


  1. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Best House Maids

  2. pls share sample part time contract

  3. China Work Visa and Permits is issued to a foreign citizen who is to take up a post or employment throught HiTouch Consulting.


Comments will be publish after admin approval.

Copyright 2016. Powered by Blogger.